Re: SPECSOUR GCR-IONF, beam def and access to primary particle with mgdraw

From: Giuseppe Battistoni <giuseppe.battistoni_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 10:26:24 +0200

Dear Pierre-Simon
I confirm that the primary particles are shot at the top of the atmosphere in the area defined by the truncated cone
around the specified location. The source routine therefore reads the ALAM and PHIM from the *.sur file.

In mgdraw you should get the code of the running particle from variable JTRACK, belonging to common /TRACKR/,
loaded by the INCLUDE '(TRACKR)' statement inside mgdraw.f.
The description of the variables in the common can be found in $FLUPRO/flukapro/(TRACKR)

        Giuseppe

On 8/21/13 9:27 AM, Pierre-Simon MANGEARD wrote:
> Dear Fluka experts,
>

> I am interesting in simulating the secondary cosmic particles on the top of our neutron monitor in thailand. I started my work from
> the example in the gcrtools directory and from the example input file : gcrExampleAllParticle.inp.
>
> I modified the atmloc_2011.f file in order to create geometry file with an atmosphere of 100 layers without taking into account the
> truncated cones and side layers (rigidity cutoff here is around 16 and the macro doesnt handle more than 59.6/4 =14.9).
> I would like to know if it is possible to reduce the size of the BEAM defined by SPECSOUR to 1cm^2 for a given lattitude and
> longitude. Does ALAM and PHIM written in atmloc.sur are effectively used by the SPECSOUR routine?. As far i understand (tell me if i
> am wrong), the default size of the beam corresponds to the area of the first top atmospheric layer (usually defined by the truncated
> cones around the specific location).
>

> Moreover I would like to access the primary particles information modifying mgdraw. How can I do that? It seems that IJHION variable
> from (BEAMCM) are not accessible (at least i can't access it). IJBeam corresponds to the particle i put in BEAM card before calling
> the card SPECSOUR. How can i access the information once the Beam card data has been overwritten by SPECSOUR?
>

> Thank you in advance for your help.

> Space Physics and Energetic Particles Research
> Department Of Physics
> Faculty of Sciences
> Mahidol University
> Bangkok, Thailand