RE: [fluka-discuss]: Geometry Error

From: <me_at_marychin.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2013 17:00:00 +0100 (BST)

An example might be handy. Say I have a cube bounded by 6 sides, my body
definition section would have:

XYP z_lo -10.
XYP z_hi 10.
YZP x_lo -10.
YZP x_hi 10.
XZP y_lo -10.
XZP y_hi 10.

My region definition for the cube would be:

-x_lo +x_hi -y_lo +y_hi -z_lo +z_hi

Now, for the surrounding (analogous to your 'void') region if I think in terms
of subtracting regions I would have:

+void -(-x_lo +x_hi -y_lo +y_hi -z_lo +z_hi )

If I think in terms of zones I would have:

+void +x_lo | +void -x_hi | +void +y_lo |+void -y_hi |+void +z_lo |+void -z_hi

no expansion in this case.

:) mary