[fluka-discuss]: Geometry Error

From: <hayley.smith_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 12:49:25 +0000

Dear FLUKA users

I am a relatively new user and have been having some difficulties creating the geometry for my current problem.

I have an assembly of twenty graphite blocks, none of which are cubes. Each block has at least one slanted face. I have been trying to create these by using the generic infinite planes and combining these to describe individual blocks as regions. (From what I have read using PLA is the best tool for this?)

I am able to create, debug and plot the geometry for individual blocks.
However, when I wish to debug and plot the geometry of multiple blocks at once the debug routine slows down dramatically, and in the case of wanting to debug more than four of these blocks I receive the error "ERROR RC=34304".

I have been trying for a number of days to figure out my problem but have now run out of ideas. The geometry does not seem complex to me, so I was surprised that I encountered such an error. Am I asking too much of the memory capabilities? (I am working in Flair on FLUPIX with the standard installation settings as advised on the website).

I have already tried to implement some ideas from the thread http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/5131.html however I haven't had any luck, and can't really see if my problem is even the same as the problem in that thread.

I attach my input file, showing just a few of these blocks for which the debug crashes, in case it is required for further understanding of my problem.
I am convinced I must be doing something significantly wrong, but am just not able to see it...

Many thanks for any insight you are able to give

Hayley

-- Scanned by iCritical.