RE: [fluka-discuss]: Turning off biasing with RADDECAY

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:20:59 +0200

Hello

By default, there is no biasing unless you define it. So, you do not need
to turn it off, it's already off.
If you define some biasing, then you can use the raddecay card to choose
whether to use it for prompt, decay or both.
There are a couple of exceptions to this general behaviour, namely if
radioactive decay is activated, there is multiple sampling of each decay
(can be changed what(3) of RADDECAY); also, with some of the DEFAULT
settings non-analogue neutron absorption is activated for the thermal
groups (see the description of the LOW-BIAS card in the manual).
Ciao
Paola

> Hello Paola,
>
> Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately it seems I didn't make myself
> clear. I want biasing OFF for prompt radiation and OFF for decay radiation
> as well (i.e., I do NOT want biasing on at all).
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

Paola Sala
INFN Milano