[fluka-discuss]: RE: Computing the distribution of an isotope over the entire geometry

From: <hayley.smith_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 11:22:32 +0000

Dear All

I have still been struggling with this problem. From further reading I think my approach is definitely incorrect.
From my understanding it seems in order to score a quantity this quantity must first 'flow' within FLUKA. Am I correct?

If my understanding is correct I then need to instead identify the method by which the isotope would be produced. I believe this is an (n, gamma) reaction, and then I would score the flow of specific energy gamma rays across boundaries? Would this be the correct approach?

Having read this post http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0936.html it seems like I am trying to do something similar, but I have so far been unsuccessful in being able to score the specific gamma rays using USRBDX and EMFCUT. I was also not able to find the lecture specified in the link.

Many thanks for any advice anyone is able to give with any of this,
Hayley