Re: Re: [fluka-discuss]: the comparision of Multiple Scattering cross section and Single Scattering cross section

From: <yyc2011_at_mail.ustc.edu.cn>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 09:18:27 +0800 (CST)

Dear Professor Alberto,

  I am very sorry for my many times asking.But,the result I got is really different.Please look at my attachment.In the input file,the incident electron energy is 20 KeV and the carbon target is 1 um.You can see from the figure of flux density;the results differ from multiple scattering to total single scattering.I think the difference is big,not minimal.What is your opinion?

  Thanks for your guidance.Thanks for your reply.I'm very grateful to you.

Best Regards
Chen Yuan

> -----Original E-mail-----
> From: "Alberto Fasso" <fasso_at_mail.cern.ch>
> Sent Time: 2014-2-18 23:30:29
> To: fluka-discuss_at_fluka.org
> Cc: yyc2011_at_mail.ustc.edu.cn
> Subject: Re: [fluka-discuss]: the comparision of Multiple Scattering cross section and Single Scattering cross section
>
> Dear Chen Yuan,
>
> you have already asked many times questions about multiple scattering and
> single scattering in FLUKA. I hope this is the last time: the purpose of
> this discussion list is to help users to set up and run FLUKA, not to look
> for information which can be easily found with Google or any other search
> engine.
>
> First, it is not correct what you say, that "the results... differ from
> multiple scattering to total single scattering". If there is a
> difference, it is minimal: it is not true that "the results are quite
> different", except concerning the computer time used. See for instance
> slide 20 in: http://www.fluka.org/content/presentations/2000_mc_fasso.pdf
>
> About your other questions, please read:
> http://www.fluka.org/content/publications/1995_sare.pdf
>
> Alberto
>
> On Tue, 18 Feb 2014, yyc2011_at_mail.ustc.edu.cn wrote:
>
> > Dear Fluka experts,
> >
> > For the same target,the results(the electrons flux density)differ from
> > multiple scattering to total single scattering.Here,total single
> > scattering refers to single scattering everywhere in the target.But,I
> > don't know why the results are quite different.
> >
> > So,here are my questions.My first question :In the Fluka code,is
> > multiple scattering cross section different from total single scattering
> > cross section? If they are not the same,what is the difference? I know
> > multiple scattering theory use the screened Rutherford cross section.But
> > how about single scattering? What kind of cross section it uses? My
> > second question:In the Fluka code,does multiple scattering take into
> > account spin-relativistic effects and the nuclear finite size? In the
> > Fluka code,does single scattering take into account spin-relativistic
> > effects and the nuclear finite size?
> >
> > I am looking forward to receive from you.
> >
> > Best Regards
> > Chen Yuan

the_figure_of_flux_density.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: the_figure_of_flux_density.jpg)