[fluka-discuss]: RE: Delta-ray production

From: Senger, Anna Dr. <A.Senger_at_gsi.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 08:42:27 +0000

Dear FLUKA experts.
My question is rather important for CBM detector and electronics development. We found, that after 60 cm C absorber the ionizing energy loss due to electrons from the target is very high for 35 AGeV gold beam. We try to understand, it is realistic or not. I produced usrtrack-plot for electrons in 1mm from the target for Au and p beams. There is one step in the distribution for Au beam. Is it correct? And were all possible processes of the delta-electron production included for the Au beam for "NEW-DEFA" option?

Best regards
Anna Senger