[fluka-discuss]: Maximum number of residual nuclei socring cards

From: Sunil C <csunil11_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 15:27:17 +0200

Hi All

In a simulation, i am using irradiation profile with 20 cooling times and
for each cooling time I am asking 2 sets of USRBINS, 10 sets of usrbdx
scoring and 15 sets of residual nuclei scoring. In the residual nuclei
scoring, each unformatted file corresponds to one region with results from
20 cards (corresponding to different cooling times).
Thus I have 40 usrbin cards, 200 usrbdx cards and 300 resnucle cards.

On post -processing the data, all usrbdx and usrbin cards and resnuclei
files 1-14 are processed properly. The 15th file of the resnuclei card
(containing results from 281st-300th cards), gives the following error.

bash-4.1$ $FLUPRO/flutil/usrsuw
 Type the input file: CMSpp_v2b_sunil_ss001_fort.55
 CMS -geometry,
  DATE: 4/ 7/14, TIME: 11:43:25
  1.
 1
 0
 1
  Intensity: 387155104. pr/s
  T_irrad. : 730328000. s
do_us: off end of record
apparent state: unit 1 named CMSpp_v2b_sunil_ss001_fort.55
last format: list io
lately reading sequential unformatted external IO
Aborted (core dumped)

I can see the file in question is of similar size to the others which are
correctly processed.
What is it that is happening here?

Am I exceeding the memory allocation somewhere due to these many cards?
I see in the usrsuw.f processing program, a comment "Up to MXRSNC user
defined track or coll are allowed".
Changing the MXRSNC parameter does not help. So is this variable hard
coded ?

In a related question, what is the maximum number of cooling times I can
request? I have 20 cooling times since the manual says so but the output
files tells me " 21 decay (cooling) times defined" with the 21st cooling
time (which I have not asked for) showing length(s) as 0.0.

Thanks for all the help
Cheers
Sunil