Re: [fluka-discuss]: physics settings for cosmogenic neutron production/capture

From: Alfredo Ferrari <alfredo.ferrari_at_cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 23:04:36 +0200

Activate PEANUT. The only reason for the old generator being still the
default (btw it will no longer be in the next release) is that it is much
faster and for many problems results are almost the same (the
hadron-nucleon physics being the same, the energetic particles produced or
almost identical). Where the two generators differ is really in the
nuclear part, cascading/evaporation etc so for residual predictions the
old model is really discouraged.

CHARMDECay does not make any difference for you, it just changes from on
the spot decay to transport and decay for charmed particles, relevant only
if one is looking for vertex reconstruction or similar

                  Ciao
                 Alfredo

| Alfredo Ferrari || Tel.: +41.22.76.76119 |
| CERN-EN/STI || Fax.: +41.22.76.69474 |
| 1211 Geneva 23 || e-mail: Alfredo.Ferrari_at_cern.ch |
| Switzerland || |