[fluka-discuss]: Problems with Double defined LOW-MAT cards

From: Sophie Mallows <Sophie.Mallows_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 12:28:15 +0000

Dear Experts,

We have been comparing simulations of 2 inputs with identical geometries (but defined in slightly different formats) and trying to understand the unexpected differences in results. After several tests, the cause of the difference was found only to be a few LOW-MAT cards that had accidentally been defined twice on one of the inputs.

Whilst of course this is not really a problem (as the repeated cards were a removable mistake), I would not have expected a repeated LOW-MAT card to cause a difference to the simulation and would like to understand better. Is there a known issue/problem with defining the same LOW MAT card twice ?

[ We also tested & verified that the position of the LOW-MAT card within the input (provided it is not in the geometry definition) was not the problem. However, I would be grateful if you could also clarify that this is the case]

Many thanks,

Sophie