[fluka-discuss]: Flair and ubuntu 14.04

From: Jean-Emmanuel Groetz <jegroetz_at_univ-fcomte.fr>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 11:51:57 +0200

Dear users,

Running Flair and especially Geoviewer is very difficult with the new
version of ubuntu 14.04. This is mainly due to the tcl/tk version which
is now 8.6.

Several users have already pointed out some problems and fixed them with
Vasilis, by making symbolic links between tcl/tk 8.6 and tcl/tk 8.5.

My specific problem is due to the presence of both versions of tcl/tk
8.5 and 8.6. With only tcl/tk 8.6 and with the appropriate links to 8.5,
Flair and geoviewer worked. But with both versions (softwares such as
Scilab need 8.5 version), Flair do not run.
I have noted that on previous versions of ubuntu (12.04 and 12.10), the
file libtcl8.5.so is a symbolic link to libtcl8.5.so.0, while on ubuntu
14.04, this is the opposite (libtcl8.5.so.0 is the symbolic link). I
suppose that's why the symbolic link I made was removed because it is
now a real file.

What should I do ?

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Emmanuel Groetz
Laboratoire Chrono-Environnement UMR CNRS 6249
Chimie-Physique & Rayonnements
Université de Franche-Comté
16 route de Gray
25030 Besançon Cedex