[fluka-discuss]: Energy density distribution using USRBIN

From: Mina Nozar <nozarm_at_triumf.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 11:49:23 -0700

Hello everyone,

I am struggling with understanding what I am seeing when scoring
particle energy density distribution using USRBIN.

Suppose my beam particles are protons and I am looking at

1) 'BEAMPART' fluence distribution
2) 'BEAMPART' energy density distribution
3) 'PROTON' fluence distribution
4) 'PROTON' energy density distribution

For 2), I set 'Part' to 'ENERGY' in a USRBIN card and set 'Part' to
'BEAMPART' in an associated AUXSCORE card.
For 4), I set 'Part' to 'ENERGY' in a USRBIN card and set 'Part' to
'PROTON' in an associated AUXSCORE card.

My understanding is that 2) and 4) should include all protons, i.e. beam
particles as wall as secondary protons. When I look at the fluence
distribution, i.e. case 2), this seems to be the case. But when I look
at case 4), this does not seem to be the case. I know this right away
since the maximum energy is well below the beam particle energy.

Am I missing something? I have double checked my input to make sure I
haven't made any stupid mistakes. Here are the USRBIN and AUXSCORE
cards for case 4):

USRBIN 10. ENERGY -41. 4. 4. 15.Proton_En
USRBIN -4. -4. -6. 80. 80. 210. &

AUXSCORE USRBIN PROTON Proton_En

As laways, thanks in advance,
Mina