Re: [fluka-discuss]: LET

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:48:00 +0200

Dear Roxana,
Your input is sending 60 MeV protons on a 15 cm long water phantom. The
beam will stop in the first 3 cm, every produced secondary particle will
also stop nearby, except a few neutrons. Therefore, there will be almost
nothing to score on the downstream end of the water phantom.

Besides this, it would be better to avoid the use of bodies with
coincident boundaries, like the phantom and phantom2 bodies in your
geometry. This may be a source of rounding problems. It is better to use,
for instance, a single RPP cut by a plane.

Regards
Paola
> Dear FLUKA users,
>
> I am trying to simulate the LET in water for a 60 MeV proton beam. The
> problem is that my plot is a bit strange, just some peaks and nothing in
> beetwen, which is not normal. Could you please check my input and tell me
> where am I wrong?
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Roxana
> This transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you
> receive it in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and remove it
> from your system. If the content of this e-mail does not relate to the
> business of the University of Huddersfield, then we do not endorse it and
> will accept no liability.

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374