Re: Re: [fluka-discuss]: How to define a proton beam which is in the x-axis negative direction?

From: <yyc2011_at_mail.ustc.edu.cn>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 20:30:35 +0800 (CST)

Dear Leonel£¬

   Thanks for your reply. But I am still confused. Please notice that the proton beam I define is a parallel beam(x width:4.0 cm,y width:4.0 cm). I want to define a parallel beam whose incident direction is x-axis negative direction. You can see the attachment. The attachment is schematic map and the target is Be target. According to my schmatic map, how can I define the parallel proton beam whose direction is x-axis negative direction? On the other hand, Is there any difference between what(4) in the BEAMPOS card and what(1) in the BEAMAXES card?

BEAM -0.008 4.0 4.0 proton
BEAMPOS -3.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0
BEAMAXES -1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

   Thanks for any suggestion.