[fluka-discuss]: Fissions in very thin target

From: James Ryan <james.ryan-4_at_postgrad.manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 11:09:59 +0000

Dear experts,

I'm trying to run a simulation involving a thin target of Uranium (50nm thin) and investigating fissions in the target when incident with a white neutron source (sampled from a collision tape produced by proton-lead spallation).

I have attached a simple input file which I'm using, but no fissions are occurring.

When I increase the thickness of the uranium to 5um I can see fissions in the output, but none at 50nm or 500nm thick. Is there anything I can do to encourage fissions in the 50nm version?

Thanks very much,

James Ryan
Nuclear FiRST DTC
University of Manchester
james.ryan-4_at_postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
+447890 486 709