[fluka-discuss]: following particle in every step (NTRACK vs NTRUCK)

From: <G.Dedes_at_physik.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 15:12:24 +0200

Dear FLUKAers,

I'm trying to develop a short user routine (in mgdraw) for custom
scoring and I got the following questions:

- Shooting 100MeV protons in a water target and printing the JTRACK,
ICODE, ETRACK, NTRACK, MTRACK, XSCO, YSCO, ZSCO , I see mostly what I
expected to see when following my particle step by step along its
trajectory. Nevertheless, the NTRACK (and the MTRACK as well), seems
to be always 0. If the meaning of of the track segment is what I
thought, shouldn't it be incrementing along the trajectory?

- Then I see that there is also the variable NTRUCK, which represents
the number of step points. When I print this in mgdraw, it's also
always 0 for my primary protons. So same question as above. In
addition, I am not sure that I understand the difference between the
track segment (~NTRACK) and the step (~NTRACK)

- What I ultimately had in mind was to follow the particle in every
step and -for example- store the newly generated secondary particle
position (the starting point of the first track segment or step)

Obviously I am missing something important here, so I would be
grateful if you can help me on this or point me to some reference that
clarifies it.

Thanks in advance,
George