[fluka-discuss]: To determine mutiple scattering or single scattering

From: <yyc2011_at_mail.ustc.edu.cn>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 11:15:48 +0800 (CST)

Dear Fluka users,
  In Fluka, we can choose multiple scattering or single scattering based on the number of collisions, when the number of collisions is less than 20, multiple scattering is not applicable, at this time we should use single scattering. According to BetheŁ¨Physical Review,89,1256,'Moliere's Theory of Multiple Scattering'), we can use the formula(see the attachment) to estimate the number of collisions of charged particles in the material.But it seems this formula is non-relativistic, but I'm not sure for this point.
  In a word,my problems are as follows.(i)The formula I gave in the attachment is used to estimate the number of collisions of charged particles in the material.Is it non-relativistic?(ii)If you,how to determine multiple scattering or single scattering?(iii)When the electron energy is high,such as the order of a few hundred MeV or GeV, how to estimate the number of collisions? (iv)Is there any documents associated with my problems?
   Thanks for any suggestions.

Best Regards
Yuan Chen