[fluka-discuss]: USRBDX and USRYIELD

From: <hayley.smith_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:14:11 +0000

Dear All

I am trying to look at the scattering of a 800 MeV proton beam through a carbon target. (At present the beam distribution and target geometry are very much simplified).
I have tried to score the angular distribution of the proton beam in two ways, using USRBDX and using USRYIELD.

I thought USRYIELD would be the most appropriate since I read various threads on the forum, and this one in particular seemed to be doing a very similar thing to me, http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/0568.html

However, when I try to create a USRYIELD card with a single energy bin the progress status for the run always ends after the first cycle with 'Finished with ERRORS' and nothing stands out to me from the .log, .out or .err files.

When I don't use a USRYIELD card the USRBDX card outputs results, however I am unsure how to interpret them in terms of beam scattering or divergence.
The relevant files are attached for your information.

Is anyone able to advise me on how best to score the beam divergence through the target?
Is my approach correct? What is causing the run to finish with errors (that I can't seem to find in the output files)?

Thanks, any assistance is much appreciated,
Hayley

Hayley Smith

Accelerator Physicist
ISIS Facility
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Oxford
OX11 0QX

01235 445524
hayley.smith_at_stfc.ac.uk<mailto:hayley.smith_at_stfc.ac.uk>

-- Scanned by iCritical.