RE: [fluka-discuss]: USRBDX and USRYIELD

From: <hayley.smith_at_stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:39:21 +0000

Thank you Stefan for this clarification and the pointers.
Initially I thought pseudorapidity was what I required as I am assessing the beam scattering, but know I think scoring the polar angle may be more appropriate.

When scoring polar angle I was hoping to get my USRYIELD and USRBDX results to agree (to convince myself I am using them correctly) but I still haven't been able to, so I think I am misunderstanding something, but still cannot see what I would be doing wrong. When plotted on a log scale the USRYIELD results seem the most believable and vary as I would expect with target thickness and energy. But I cannot seem to get the same behaviour from USRBDX - I have obviously made a mistake somewhere.

Thank you once again, and any further guidance would be much appreciated.
Hayley