Re: RE: RE: [fluka-discuss]: How to calculate LET(linear energy transfer) with voxel-by-voxel basis

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 22:26:49 +0200

Dear Kyung-Nam Lee,
   I understand your point and it might be useful to be able to score LET
in the USRBIN as well directly.

Most of all, my final goal through using fluka is calculation of Dose
> averaged LET at each voxel.
>
> The reason why I have to know the quantity is for expecting biological
> effects like a RBE(relative biological effect).

I understand, but biological effects are much better described using the
AUXSCORE and the dose correction coefficient available
I will ask to one of us which is expert in you field to look at your
problem.
Best,
Vittorio