[fluka-discuss]: How to calculate LET(linear energy transfer) with voxel-by-voxel basis

From: Kyung-Nam Lee <leeronaldo_at_naver.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:15:34 +0900

Dear, FLUKA advanced users.

I would like to calculate LET at each voxel(each bin at 3D Cartesian
coordinate) by using USRBIN command and comscw.f(user routine).
So, I have two questions about that.

First of all, I hope to ask when the routine(comscw.f) is called
specifically.
I mean scoring time, namely, whether the routine is called after end of
"event" or end of "each interaction" or not.
Is it depend on used scoring command(e.g. USRBIN, USRYIELD, USRBDX) ??

Also, I would like to ask how can I get the deq99.f(user routine for calc.
of effective dose) file.
I could not download the file at this
link(http://info-fluka-discussion.web.cern.ch/info-fluka-discussion/download
/deq99c.f)
So, could you attach this file when you reply ?
Because I am a beginner for modifying user routines, It will be great help
for me if I understand the contents of the file.
Then, I can know how to calculate LET by using useful "COMMON variable".

In addition, I would like to actively listen to any kind of your advice
about calculating Dose Averaged LET(my final goal in this process) with
FLUKA user routine.

OK!. Thank you for your reading.
I am looking forward to your generous reply.
Have a nice day!!~~^^

Best Regards,
Kyung-Nam Lee.

Kyung-Nam Lee, M.S.
Research Physicist
Medical Physics Research Team
Division of Heavy Ion Clinical Researches
Korea Heavy Ion Medical Accelerator Project (KHIMA Project)
KOREA INSTITUTE of RADIOLOGICAL & MEDICAL SCIENCES (KIRAMS)
#215-4 Gongneung-dong Nowon-gu
Seoul 139-709, Korea
Tel: 82-2-970-1737
Fax: 82-2-970-1962
Mobile:82-10-6366-9161
E-Mail: leeronaldo_at_naver.com (with big file), leeronaldo_at_kirams.re.kr