RE: [fluka-discuss]: beam

From: Christian Buhl Sorensen <christian.buhl.soerensen_at_cern.ch>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:10:10 +0000

Hi Bruno!

No, as far as I'm aware, it's not possible to define multiple beams. I'm not sure what happens when you do that - if it runs, I guess it only takes the last beam-card into account.

A nice way to check how your beam-setup is working, is to use a userdump scoring.
( http://www.fluka.org/fluka.php?id=man_onl&sub=81 ). Using a formatted output allows you to plot the particle trajectory (make sure to only run 1 particle!!!), very easily with e.g. gnuplot.
This is also very useful, to check if a particle trajectory is out of alignment, and hits a beam pipe wall, or the like.

I hope that's of little help. I can't help but be curious about what 'something' you're sorry about, though.

Cheerio!
          Christian Buhl