[fluka-discuss]: study photon backscattering using FLUKA

From: ±ΟΤΆ½ά <biyuanjie_at_tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 20:40:29 +0800 (CST)

Dear fluka users,

I am using FLUKA to study the backscatting of the concrete wall from Cs137 source.
The source is put 3.5m from the wall. I expect to get different dose when the material of the wall is set to concrete and air, but I did not.
I attached my input file and have some questions of the setting:
1. The Defaults: Should I use EM-CASCA or NEW-DEFA? EM-CASCA is much slower than NEW-DEFA.
2. I can find the fluence difference, but no dose difference when using EM-CASCA. But when I use NEW-DEFA, both the fluence and the dose have no difference.

I am looking for a reply from the experts.

Many thanks and best wishes
Yuanjie