[fluka-discuss]: yield of muon induced neutron and size of detector

From: lidengjie <lidengjie_at_ihep.ac.cn>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 14:32:32 +0100

Hi fluka experts,
Recently,I did muon simulations in underground neutrion experiment using fluka.
I'm confused that the yield of muon induced neutron is related to size of the detector,or we can say that it's related to the average track length of muon,the following table is the result I have tested with different sizes of detector.I want to know whether this result is reasonable or not ,and if there is a CARD that can control this.

 average track length of muon £¨cm£©neutron yield when muon's kenetic energy is 260GeV
/u/(g cm^-2)neutron yield when muon's kenetic energy is 56GeV
/u/(g cm^-2)
 5000 18*10^-5 7.43*10^-5
 650 18*10^-5 6.74*10^-5
 350 13*10^-5 5.6*10^-5
 310 10*10^-5
 212 8.9*10^-5 5*10^-5

Here is the result from KamLand neutrino experiment.

Best regards,
Li Dengjie
IHEP

Catch_10-28-06-1_10-28-13-43-43_.jpg
(image/jpeg attachment: Catch_10-28-06-1_10-28-13-43-43_.jpg)