[fluka-discuss]: Fragmentation by Fluka in DPMJet

From: Sourav Tarafdar <Sourav.Tarafdar_at_weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 08:38:39 +0000

Dear Fluka users,

  Recently I used DPMJet with Fluka interfaced to it for simulating Au + Au collision at C.M. energy of 200 GeV/nucleon. However the non interacting part of Au nuclei (spectators) has average energy less than 100 GeV/nucleon which is something strange. We expect to see average energy per nucleon for spectators as 100 GeV. As Fluka is used for fragmentation in DPMJet so have been wondering what could be the reason for average energy loss. I have attached a slide with the plots showing this feature. Any comment or insight on this issue will be really helpful.

Thanks
-Sourav