Re: [fluka-discuss]: Fragmentation by Fluka in DPMJet

From: Sourav Tarafdar <Sourav.Tarafdar_at_weizmann.ac.il>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 10:20:15 +0000

Dear Paola,

Please find the answers of your questions below along with my questions associated with them for my own understanding.

What do you give exactly as initial energy? Is sqrt(s)=200 GeV, or is two times p=100GeV/c? This question comes because in your plot the average momentum at target mass is larger than 100 GeV/c.

I am always using sqrt(s) = 200 GeV. However I am wondering how either case mentioned by you is going to affect the average momentum of lighter fragments or heavier fragments ? It will be really helpful if you please explain.

Did you enable the evaporation of heavy fragments (physics 3 evaporate)?

My apologies I couldn’t understand what "physics 3 evaporate” means. For enabling Evaporation process in DPMJET the card uses different sets of arguments. The details can be found in https://wiki.bnl.gov/eic/index.php/File:Dpmjet3_manual.rtf. I tried both with argument 1 and 3 and both gave me same results. In short argument 1 for evaporation process in DPMJet3 corresponds to standard evaporation level densities with Cook pairing energies while argument 3 corresponds to Julich A-dependent level densities.

Is your plot built with momenta as given at the exit from dpmjet, or after
evaporation?

My plot is made with final state fragments provided by DPMJet output. I guess that’s what was your question ? Please let me know if it answers your question.

Thanks
-Sourav