Re: [fluka-discuss]: Absorbed Dose to water from neutrons - separate scoring of absorbed dose from recoil protons and neutron capture gammas?

From: Alberto Fasso' <fasso_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 00:36:52 -0800 (PST)

Dear Felix,

there are several ways to obtain what you are asking for.
The simplest is to score in separate USRBIN detectors DOSE (i.e.,
generalised particle 228, total dose) and DOSE-EM (generalised particle 241,
electromagnetic dose). Dose due to hadrons (protons, in your case) can be
calculated as the difference between the two.
To avoid DOSE-EM to account for dose due to secondary electrons produced
by protons, you must completely eliminate delta rays by setting a very
high delta-ray threshold with command DELTARAY. Set the delta ray threshold
higher than the highest energy of the source spectrum.

Another possible solution of your problem is to use command DISCARD: you can
discard the protons, so the dose you score will be due only to capture photons.

Alberto