Re: [fluka-discuss]: Absorbed Dose to water from neutrons - separate scoring of absorbed dose from recoil protons and neutron capture gammas?

From: Alberto Fasso <fasso_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 14:36:22 +0100

I copy here a couple of Notes to option DISCARD, taken from the manual:

    2) Discarding a particle means that that type of particle will
       possibly be produced but not transported.

    3) The user may want to process some particle types with other
       programs providing only the production by the FLUKA code. These
       particles can be discarded. The results will then not contain the
       contribution of the discarded particle types and of their
       descendants.

I think it is clear from these Notes that if a particle is discarded it
will give no contribution to scoring.

Alberto