Re: [fluka-discuss]: USXSUW table double differential

From: Francesco Cerutti <Francesco.Cerutti_at_cern.ch>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 21:39:52 +0100

Dear Guillermo,

sorry for the delayed answer.

We are happy that you appreciate the new *_tab.lis format for USRBDX.
However, the last block has not to be seen as a disturbing leftover: in
fact it is needed to comply with data format requirements by gnuplot,
which is the plotting engine adopted by Flair.

Anyway, consider that the usxsuw source (as for the other post-processing
tools) is always made available in flutil, so you can adjust it
(commenting out the WRITE statements of concern).

Best wishes

Francesco

Francesco Cerutti
CERN-EN/STI
CH-1211 Geneva 23
Switzerland
tel. ++41 22 7678962
fax ++41 22 7668854

Dear FLUKA experts,

I've noticed USXSUW has recently been updated so double differential
tables
in the *_tab.lis files are generated in a more convenient format (blocks
for each angular interval and energy interval specified for every bin in
them).

It seems however that after the last block some old-styled information is
still printed (EPGMAX (JE+1), OMGMAX (NABXBN (NX)), I guess) which used to
be needed to find the upper binning limits but it is no longer so.

As it somehow breaks the structure of the file I was wondering whether it
could be deleted in the next respin, as it could cause troubles to scripts
reading those files.

Best regards
Guillermo H.