[fluka-discuss]: modelling scatter

From: <f.h.green_at_surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 11:15:17 +0000

Hi all,

I am trying to model the scatter produced from a low energy photon beam (20 keV - 30 keV) interacting with a perspex block and being detected by a thin layer of CdTe as my detector.

A few questions I have are firstly I have chosen EM-CASCA but found I was getting very little scatter in my spectrum so tried PRECISION but I only got errors, is there a reason why PRECISION wouldn't work?

Secondly I played around with the EMFCUT and DELTARAY options but this had no effect. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why you think I am getting such a small amount of scatter on my spectrum?

Here are the beam characteristics I used:

  * 20keV photon beam
  * Momentum spread (?p) = flat - 0GeV/c
  * Divergence type (??) = Gauss - 100.00mrad
  * Beam shape (x-axis) = Gauss - FWHM 0.05cm
  * Beam shape (y-axis) = Gauss - FWHM 0.05cm

The initial beam position was at -10cm on the z axis and the number of start events was 1E7.

Thank you for any suggestions you may have

Faith