Re: [fluka-discuss]: Custom SOURCE doesn't seem to link

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <Михаил Полковников> <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 13:16:56 +0300

On 15.04.2015 18:27, Matthew Parnell wrote:
> My fellow FLUKA users, I appear to have been stumped, and Google does
> not seem to be my friend, and neither does the manual nor online
> presentations.
>
> I am required to use a custom SOURCE that I have written, and am having
> trouble linking them.
>
> Before we jump to the conclusion that my SOURCE subroutine may have
> runtime errors, I have the custom SOURCE my predecessor had used, and am
> unable to get it producing anything.
>
> Whilst in my working directory for this project, I have compiled and
> linked using:
>
> $FLUPRO/flutil/fff source.f
>

> There were no errors or warnings in the compilation, however there were
> a few warnings in the linking. However I do not think I can do much to
> fix them. The output of the lfluka is attached. They seem to suggest to
> me 32- and 64-bit variables being accessed when the other was expected.
>
> I then run a single pass to test (including the SOURCE card):
>
> $FLUPRO/flutil/rfluka -N0 -M1 -e my_fluka TeShielding.inp
>
> This runs for approximately 3s before 'completing', and my scripts
> produce a blank figure. The same occurs substituting my predecessors
> source for my own.
>
> For comparison, not including the SOURCE card, thus not using the custom
> SOURCE subroutine, however still using the linked executable; it runs
> for about 11mins which is the same time as the plain rfluka executable.
>
> This is what is shown in the manual to do, am I missing something
> fundamental?

Dear Matthew,

It's definitely a linker problem.
Is it possible that you have different versions of compiler, linker and
FLUKA?
In different versions i mean 64 bit compiler and 32 bit linker or
something like multilib version.

Because in log file there are lines:

COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/4.9.2/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configured with:/build/gcc/src/gcc-4.9-20150304/configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info

and /usr/lib directory is usually for 32 bits version.

Best regards,
Mikhail