Re: [fluka-discuss]: Modelling a polychromatic X-ray source

From: Mikhail Polkovnikov <Михаил Полковников> <pmk_at_ihep.ru>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 17:15:13 +0300

On 06.05.2015 15:25, f.h.green_at_surrey.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to model a beam that has the spectroscopic shape like a
> conventional polychromatic X-ray source. I believe I need to use the
> SOURCE card but other than that I am unsure how to continue. I was
> wondering if anyone else has done this or if you have any thoughts on
> how I might achieve it?
>
> Faith Green
>
> PhD student
>
> University of Surrey
>
> Guildford
>
> UK

Dear Faith,

Here are some discussions:
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/2600.html
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/7646.html

I have done this for a x-ray tube spectrum simulation: 70 kV voltage,
tungsten target.
The spectrum was generated by using XMIMSIM
(https://github.com/tschoonj/*xmimsim*)

Best regards,