[fluka-discuss]: Dose calculation (Unit: Gy/min)

From: HoSeung Song <genesjp_at_skku.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 23:26:21 +0900 (GMT)

Dear Fluka users,

I am conducting a simulation with 15 MeV electron beam to tunsgen target to generate photon and neutron. After the target, I put conical shape collimator to focus the photon. I want to calculate a photon dose (Gy/min) at the certain distance from the target (example: 1m, 2m, 3m and etc.).

1. For a input card, I used USRBIN (dose-eq), AUXSCORE (photon) to score the photon equivalent dose, and the unit is pSv/primary. Is this true?

The specification of the accelerator is as follows;

- number of electrons per pulse: 7.5*10^12

- pulse frequency: 250Hz

- pulse duration: 6us

With these parameters, I want to calculate a photon-dose (Gy/min) with FLUKA. I am a beginner of this program and this field. Can you tell me how to calculate Gy/min at certain point (or surface) with a little bit detail?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ho-seung SONG