Re: [fluka-discuss]: Dose calculation (Unit: Gy/min)

From: Santana, Mario <msantana_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 06:06:57 +0000

Hi HoSeung,

1 - Please re-read my previous TWO messages.
2 - The absorbed dose (Gy) in air is going to be very very different (much lower) from that of your final target. Thus, the result in air is not extrapolable to your future targets.
3 - Yes, if you simulate 1E17 primaries it will take you too long, but why do you want to use so many primaries?
4 - As to how to transform FLUKA results to Gy/min, again, please refer to my first email
5 - Yes, if you reduce the number of primaries you will still get statistically significant results. If you run several jobs, FLUKA will provide error bars on the merged results so that you can assess the convergence of your calculation. However, your results may still not be credible (see point 2).
6 - I recommend you the following reading:
https://indico.cern.ch/event/365567/timetable/#20150511
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-352740760X.html

- Mario