Re: [fluka-discuss]: GCR secondary spectrum at ground-level

From: Paola Sala <paola.sala_at_mi.infn.it>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 09:43:37 +0200

Dear Danislav
No, there are no available files because fluxes depend on the geomagnetic
coordinates of the specific location, it is not possible to use a
"generic" file.

Yes, you can reuse the results, but you will have to write a source.f
routine that reads the scoring results and samples from them.

You can find help on how to write a source routine, and how to use a
two-step method, in the lectures fiven at the last advanced fluka course
https://indico.cern.ch/event/334606/timetable/#all
look at the "special Sources" lectures and "Programming User Routines"
(and come back to the list if you have questions)

Regards
Paola
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I need to calculate the response of a NM64 neutron monitor. Therefore I
> would like to have as a source the prevailing secondary particles spectrum
> at ground level (at least for hadrons and mesons).
>
> Do I need to calculate it using GCR feature or there is already an
> available file(s)?
>
> If I calculate it, how can I use the resulting spectrum as an input for
> subsequent calculations?
>
> With best regards,
> Danislav.
>
> Royal Meteorological Institute (RMI), Ringlaan 3, B-1180 Brussels,
> Belgium.
>
> Dr. Danislav Sapundjiev
> IRM Centre de Physique du Globe (IRM-CPG),
> R. Centre Physique 1, B-5670 Dourbes(Viroinval), Belgique.
> tel: +32 60 395 445, fax: +32 60 395 423,
> e-mail (office): danislav.sapundjiev_at_meteo.be

Paola Sala
INFN Milano
tel. Milano +39-0250317374
tel. CERN +41-227679148