Re: [fluka-discuss]: Proton Bragg peak in water

From: Alberto Fasso <fasso_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 11:51:02 +0200

Dear Marine,

at 2 GeV, protons produce a hadronic cascade, and do not have a definite
range that terminates into a Bragg peak.

If you are interested in particle energies, you have two possibilities:

1) do not use USRBIN but for instance USRTRACK or USRBDX, which give
    you a particle energy spectrum in an energy range that you can choose
2) use USRBIN, but setting some condition discriminating the particle
    energies by means of the user routine FLUSCW. But since you are a
    beginner FLUKA user, I would not encourage you to do that yet. User
    routines are mainly for advanced users

Alberto