RE: [fluka-discuss]: Installing FLUKA on windows 8

From: Angelo Infantino <angeloinfa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 12:41:16 +0200

Dear Amin,
at the moment FLUKA can run only under a Linux environment.
Even if you cannot install directly FLUKA on windows you can run it on a virtual machine.
Once you have installed the VrtualBox you can use FLUPIX (a Linux Live CD with pre-installed FLUKA, flair and all the necessary tools in for performing FLUKA runs) or alternatively you can create a Linux machine and perform a clean FLUKA installation

Here a couple of helpful links:
Flupix web page
http://www.fluka.org/content/tools/flupix/index.html
A recent thread on Flupix in FLUKA-discuss
http://www.fluka.org/web_archive/earchive/new-fluka-discuss/8096.html
Slide of the last FLUKA course
https://indico.cern.ch/event/365567/contribution/10/attachments/726826/997364/02_Installation_2015.pdf

Hope this can help