[fluka-discuss]: difficulty with FLUPIX installation

From: Jean-Pierre Koutchouk <Jean-Pierre.Koutchouk_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 09:24:01 +0000

Dear all,

I am a FLUKA beginner, and did not understand some possible subtleties in FLUPIX installation:

- I did install successfully the VirtualBox (two steps: the extension pack turns out to be required if the USB controller is enabled)

- I downloaded flupix...iso, that wanted to burn a DVD, done. I did not know too much what to do with flupix-vdi.zip, that I loaded on the DVD as well (it comes in virtual disk image)

- Now the problem: under point 4 of the Flupix installation manual "CD/DVD rom", I could not recognize the elements corresponding to the instructions of 2008,

                CD/DVD-ROM
                [x] Mount CD/DVD Drive
                (o) ISO Image File
                    Click on the Folder Icon
                    Click on Add
                    Find the flupix-XXX.iso
                    Click Select
   No folder icon, no _at_ add_at_, no flupix-XXX.iso on the DVD, rather folders isolinux and LIveOS, + flupix and swap in .vdi

- When I start the VM, it halts with could not read the boot medium, which, I presume, is related to the former point.

Any help much welcome.

Jean-Pierre