Re: [fluka-discuss]: how to find primaries

From: Roman Savinov <rsavinov_at_calpoly.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 06:36:52 +0000

Mikhail,

thank you for your response.

about example with protons:

1) Is it true that primaries, by which I need to multiply the Y-axis of the fluka plot to match the plot of the original source, are just the number of particles (protons in this case) which fluka track during transport?
The value 1.84393E+10, that you found, has units of protons/cm^2 so when I multiply it by the cross sectional area of the target the plot matches perfectly!

about example with photons:

source_sahani.dat = [ Gev photons/sec ]
When I do f_tot=f(Emax)-f(Emin) for the photon_spectra, the plot is way off.
[cid:c4b1a476-0635-44bf-ad21-22a803fd9268]

2) How do I find Ftot (or primaries) in photon_spectrum?
3) Also, where in the source.f do I tell fluka what is the physical meaning of the 2nd column of the source_sahani.dat?
4) Does the output of USRTRACK is always Part/GeV/cmq/pr for diff. fluence and Part/cmq/pr for integral fluence no matter what the unit of the source spectrum?
5) if the energy intervals in source_sahani.dat is not constant, does it affect anything?

thank you

Roman