RE: [fluka-discuss]: Recompiling 64 bit FLUKA with gfortran

From: Bartkoski,Dirk Alan <DABartkoski_at_mdanderson.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 17:07:24 +0000

Thank you for the quick response. I have seen the thread you mentioned as well as all of the slides on transport and particle tracking in magnetic fields. From what I have read I have set the following parameters:

I am modeling 100 MeV electrons which travel through 100 cm of air before striking the voxel surface of a CT scan imported with Flair where magnetic fields have been activated in the voxel regions. The beam is subject to a magnetic field provided by a magnetic map implemented with the MGNFLD subroutine, maximum 3 T, in the air and voxel regions. The voxel dimensions are 1.26953 x 1.26953 x 2.5 mm^3. I currently have the MGNFIELD card Precision set as
Max Ang (deg): 5.0
Bound Acc (cm): 0.001
Min step (cm): 0.005
And a STEPSIZE card applied to only the voxel regions set with
Min (cm): 0.01
Max (cm): 0.04

Either I am misunderstanding the application of magnetic field step size control in the presence of voxels and I do not need such steps or the small voxel size requires more steps than the MXTRCK currently provides.
If so is there a better combination of stepsize parameters for my situation?
Dirk A. Bartkoski, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow | Radiation Physics

1400 Pressler, Unit #1420
Houston TX  77030