RE: [fluka-discuss]: Effective atomic number and mass umber AND Density at different pressure

From: Joachim Vollaire <joachim.vollaire_at_cern.ch>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 06:49:42 +0000

Dear Anuj
I am not sure I fully understand your question.
What I would do is to define Methane as a gas (MATERIAL + COMPOUND cards) using the standard approach with atomic content 1 Carbon + 4 H....
Then the define your gas mixture (new material) as a COMPOUND of Argon and the Methane you defined before as FLUKA allows the use of a MATERIAL previously defined as a COMPOUND to create new material. All the relative atomic density/mass density is properly recalculated by the code and echoed in the output file for you to check
Hoping this answer your question
Joachim