[fluka-discuss]: Impossible to open file nuclear.bin

From: Zhongwen Chang <zhongwen.chang_at_tsl.uu.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2015 15:52:10 +0000

Dear FLUKA authors,

I tried to figure out how could I obtain activities from my calculations. It seems that using the post-processor usrsuw and usrsuwev is a standard way. However, when I try to use them (../../fluka/flutil/usrsuw ex5001_fort.26), the following error message comes:

At line 85 of file ncdtrd.f (unit = 14, file = 'fort.14')
Fortran funtime error: End of file

At the same time, there are two files generated, namely fort.11 and fort.14. In the file fort.14 it is empty and in fort.11 it shows:

*** Impossible to open file ***
nuclear.bin
*** on unit 14 ***
 *** Reading evaporation and nuclear data from unit: 14

This error has been stated in the FLUKA course, Chapter Errors and Crashes. The statement is such: your nuclear.bin file might be corrupted or missing (check all your binary files in $FLUPRO) or doesn't match the FLUKA distribution.

I checked my nuclear.bin file, it is there, directly downloaded from fluka homepage. I even downloaded different version of FLUKA package, and copy the nuclear.bin to the folder in which I run the analysis, nothing helped. The same error message all the time.

Could anyone help me? I enclose .inp and .flair files in case.

Zhongwen