Re: [fluka-discuss]: scoring specific particle of complex source

From: Roman Savinov <rsavinov_at_calpoly.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 06:21:20 +0000

dear Paola,

thanks a lot for your detailed explanation. I have a follow up questions:
you said that flux on the scoring sphere is not the same as on the source surface. Indeed, the 2D plot clearly shows that the source surface emits not only inward but also outward and since my scoring sphere is inside the source, the outward flux is not counted
[cid:0eccba56-2b15-4ee4-8a5c-1c46570d90b5]
Is that the reason why you said that fig2=bdxa*Fluxst/Flux would not be exactly like the plot on page 2?
Is there a way to direct ALL the flux from the source inward? What the point of emitting outward anyway?
Is there a way to reproduce this plot with Fluka exactly?

I followed your directions for normalization and my results for all but Hydrogen looks underestimated by an order of 10 or so:
[cid:cb4365c0-c738-4ccf-93ae-abfbbdfc8f3f]
here radius of the source was changed to 11cm and radius of the scoring sphere is still 10cm.

Is that difference between source and scoring fluxes can be explained with that the flux on the scoring sphere is not the same as on the source surface?

thank you,

Roman