Re: [fluka-discuss]: GCR flat geometry

From: Stefan Roesler <sroesler_at_mail.cern.ch>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 12:11:04 +0100

Dear Roman

For flat geometry FLUKA starts the GCR isotropically (in 2pi) at a fixed
point. This geometry is used, e.g., for shower calculations in the
atmosphere that are insensitive to its curvature, e.g. dose calculation at
a certain depth.

For a spherical geometry FLUKA starts the GCR isotropically on a sphere of
a certain radius (isotropical for both in coordinates of the cascade
starting point and direction of primary particle).

There is a lecture on Cosmic Ray calculations with FLUKA
https://www.fluka.org/free_download/course/triumf2012/Lectures/AdvancedCosmicRays2012.pdf
Perhaps it gives you further hints.

Cheers
Stefan