[fluka-discuss]: GCR flat geometry

From: Roman Savinov <rsavinov_at_calpoly.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 09:48:38 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

The manual mention a flat geometry for GCR-ALLF and GCR-IONF, specifically according to the chapter 16.3 if WHAT(2)<0, than the value defines "starting height (the emission height in case of flat geometry)"
Do I understand it right that this means that the source is a "wall" of GCR consist of parallel rays?
If not, what the difference between spherical and flat geometry?
My goal is to experiment with shielding so it would be convenient to have a cylinder of different height and material subject to the homogeneous flux of composition and intensity of GCR.
Or maybe there is a different way to do this? What is a most common set up for shielding study?

thanks,

Roman