[fluka-discuss]: Simulate Fano theorem in Fluka

From: Ferreira De Almeida Lourenco, Ana <am.lourenco_at_ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 22:50:43 +0000

Dear Fluka experts,

I would like to test Fano theorem in FLUKA.

("Fano theorem states that under charged particle equilibrium conditions, the charged particle fluence is independent of the mass density of the media as long as the cross-sections are uniform." from Sterpin et al 2015)

I have a few questions:

1- Will it be possible to simulate Fano theorem in FLUKA?

2- For that, I would have to simulate an uniform source per unit mass. What would be the best way to simulate this in FLUKA? I was planning to use a BEAMPOSit card with SDUM=CYLI-VOL. Will this simulate an uniform source per unit mass or volume?

3- Also, how can I be sure that the cross sections are independent of the density? Should I use the CORRFACT card?

Many thanks,

Ana