[fluka-discuss]: RE: 35 Cl neutron cross section question

From: Philippe Schoofs <philippe.schoofs_at_cern.ch>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:50:33 +0000

Hello Nesrine,

You are requesting low-energy neutrons (i.e. below 20MeV). They follow a special group treatment and you need special cards to enable them. I suggest you have a look to the most recent "Low energy Neutrons" lecture of the FLUKA course series. You can find the slides here<https://indico.cern.ch/event/442634/contribution/16/attachments/1185163/1717805/10_Low_Energy_Neutrons_2015.pdf> (as well as many other interesting lectures). In short you'll have to use LOW-MAT cards to link low neutron libraries to your materials. In the case of a compound, you have to insert a LOW-MAT card for each element in the compound. in addition, you have to make sure LOW-NEUT is present in your input as well.

I'll let you check the slides and correct your input file. If you still encounter problems with the LOW-MAT and LOW-NEUT, I'll be happy to give you more details

Best regards
Philippe