Re: [fluka-discuss]: proton-proton collisions

From: <amucha_at_agh.edu.pl>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:56:03 +0200

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
I tried to obtain the spectrum of particles produced in 100 GeV proton-
proton interaction by scoring the particles in a vacuum sphere (see the
input and output files) as you suggested, but it doesn’t work. I think
that because there are hardly any particle-vacuum interactions (except
photons and pizeros). When I change the material assignment from
vacuum to beryllium or lead the results seems reasonable, i.e. I can
see the energy deposited in the sphere but this is not what I wanted
for my study.
So the only way to have particles from proton-proton interaction is to
obtain them from usrein.f routine? Or am I doing something wrong?
Regards,
Agnieszka