[fluka-discuss]: Neutron Yield from Be Target

From: Emilio Ciuffoli <emilio_at_impcas.ac.cn>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 21:30:24 +0800

Dear FLUKA experts,

I am studying the neutron yield from a Be target hitten by a proton beam.

I am trying to reproduce the experimental results reported in this paper:
http://arxiv.org/pdf/1302.7226.pdf

They used a cylindrical target (diameter: 3.5 cm, lenght: 3 cm) and 62 MeV
proton beam, they reported a neutron/proton ratio of 9.87% +/- 0.53%
(syst). However from my simulation I obtain a neutron yield of only 6.88%
+/- 0.002% (stat).

Could you please take a look at my input card and tell me if I made some
mystake? Please find in the attached files also the output of the USRYIELD
card I used to score the neutron yield

Thank you very much for your help
Best Regards
Emilio Ciuffoli