Re: [fluka-discuss]: Neutron Yield from Be Target

From: Vittorio Boccone <dr.vittorio.boccone_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 00:53:28 +0200

Hi Emilio,
  as already mentioned from Mario back in November, this number might be
underestimated for different reasons. You could also more easily score the
*neu-bala* with a USRBIN (per region scored at point) which will give you
in this case directly the neutron balance for the region.

In your case about 11% of the secondaries generated in the inelastic
interaction are be Deuterons which are not handled by FLUKA at such low
energies.

Not sure if this is sufficient to explain a 30% mismatch....

Best,
Vittorio